[ExI] the ambiguously evil british have leaked julian assange's address

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 21:34:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:12:08PM -0400, Darren Greer wrote:

> rather liberators. Did it in Poland, Czechoslovakia, France. The fact that
> some government officials want to brand Wikileaks as a terrorist
> organization should scare you. It should scare all of us. As you suggest,
> you can paint anything with that particular brush.  It reminds me very much
> of the kind of propaganda tactic that Shirer described.

Eugen replied:
Apologies for a me-too. But it's not "reminds me very much of".
It is absolutely very much exactly 100% the very same thing. This is
the threshold where Godwin's law starts to break down.
Caveat emptor. Your soul is at stake.

I remember as a teenager seeing documentaries about McCarthyism and
thinking to myself, "those sorts of things could never happen again!"
I turned out to be so horribly wrong about that...

John