[ExI] Biological immortality and the paleo diet

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:16:51 UTC 2010

On 19 December 2010 00:27, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Diets are long-term projects. Therefore if discomfort or suffering is
> involved it is also long-term and the cumulative suffering cost will
> become rather large on the Cost side.
> (This would not apply to the chocolate and ice-cream diet, for example).

The truth is that while I suffered myself some very moderate
withdrawal symptoms for the first 20 or 30 days when I almost entirely
removed grains, potatoes, rice, etc. from my diet some eight or ten
years ago, I did not much else than complying with personal dietary
inclinations already in place, and accepting the pain of fighting
"ideological", but above all social, pressures to conform with the
dietary mainstream ("please, have some cake, I made it with my hands,
just taste it, I am taking offence...") of the same kind I suspect
vegans or muslims or teetotallers are usually better trained and
motivated to resist. ;-)

Thus, I never felt I was renouncing to much, since in spaghetti with
meat balls what I had always found the most interesting was the meat
balls anyway, so that by removing the spaghetti if anything one
improves the experience. ;-)

--
Stefano Vaj