[ExI] Biological immortality and the paleo diet

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Dec 19 23:32:29 UTC 2010

Each person will have to do the cost-benefit calculation individually.
We all experience both sides of the equation differently. As far as
I'm concerned, the costs of going paleo are very small. Even when
traveling, I haven't had much difficulty. It helps that extremely
stable blood glucose levels mean that I can easily skip a meal without
hunger.

I don't experience the diet as "restrictive". Since starting, I've
been eating a much wider variety of meats, fruits, and vegetables
before. Salads are more colorful and tasty than ever. The diet has
also spurred me to learn how to cook more dishes. Your terms
"discomfort", "pain", and "suffering" just don't enter into my
experience. More familiar would be "pleasure", "satisfaction", and
"pride" in taking control of my diet.

You also ask: "how do you know that is due to your diet?" I'm quite
sure my significantly reduced blood pressure is due to the diet. It's
never been this low, and it dropped immediately after starting paleo.
My next set of blood tests (which I get regularly) should be another
good indication, since I haven't radically changed much else relevant
to those readings.

YMMV

Max