[ExI] Biological immortality and the paleo diet

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:24:29 UTC 2010

On 21 December 2010 14:31, Ben Zaiboc <bbenzai at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've just had an experience that confirms this. Been eating broadly palaeo
> for a few weeks, and feeling a lot better for it, no hunger pangs, eating
> meals farther apart, but recently I was in a situation where that was just
> not really possible without a lot of inconvenience, and I've abruptly
> reversed the gradual weight loss (gained a kilo in a week), been more hungry
> and irritable and felt the need to eat more frequently than I've got used
> to.  And felt the irresistible call of croissants for breakfast this
> morning!  Now I have to go through the process of weaning myself off wheat
> all over again..

Yes. Even though while I somewhat like crossants their appeal for me is far
from irresistitble this reflects more or less my experience.

I also think that a big  psychological help for people having a harsher
battle to fight against withdrawal is that when, in face to unlimited
quantities of excellent meat, fish, salad of which you do not want any more
for the time being, you crave a piece of bread, you can be certain that this
is not any kind of healthy "hunger", it is just addiction kicking in.

--
Stefano Vaj