[ExI] cure for global warming is working

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 17:52:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 7:06 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Ja, but I would interpret this alternatively than researchers anticipating
> higher peak temperatures from global warming.  Rather we have vast expanses
> of existing dry hot land (such as Mexico and your Texas) into which
> agriculture can profitably expand, should we figure out how to develop crops
> capable of withstanding higher temperatures and longer dry spells.  A more
> heat-tolerant strain of wheat for instance would be worth a cubic buttload
> of money immediately, regardless of future climate.

### Thanks to CO2 fertilization existing plant varieties are now able
to function better under dry and hot conditions which explains the
shrinking of deserts observed especially in the last 30 years. Also,
increased temperatures, if they were to actually occur, would not
result in diminished humidity - on the contrary, there would be more
precipitation, faster turnover of water in the atmosphere.

Rafal