[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

Alan Grimes agrimes at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 24 15:22:02 UTC 2010

> No, you most assuredly don't leave them alone. You're building
> at maximum speed the physical layer allows you. This is very slow
> by your standards, but very fast by outside standards.

> You're sharing the same physical layer. If it doesn't sound ominous,
> it should.

=|

That is precisely why I'm so energetic about being ant-total conversion.

I want nothing that uploading offers.

That's why I say that if you want to upload FINE, You can have that
planet/moon/star-cluster over there, just permit me the chance to evolve
in a different direction.

To which the answer from the community booms down "NO".

To which I respond "Why?"

To which the community has repeatedly responded "but it will be a
**PERFECT** _copy_ of you, isn't that just as good as you?"

To which I respond "You entirely missed my point. I do not want
**ANYTHING** uploading offers, let me evolve in a different direction."

To which the community responds "But your _copy_ will run a thousand
times faster and live forever".

To which I respond: "Please someone give me a new transhumanist community".

BTW, have a blissful Newtonmass. =P

--
DO NOT USE OBAMACARE.
DO NOT BUY OBAMACARE.