[ExI] Max More - New CEO Alcor Life Extension Foundation

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 16:53:56 UTC 2010

Thanks,

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Brent Allsop
<brent.allsop at canonizer.com> wrote:

> Wow Jeff, sounds like some great ideas here.

Thank you, Brent.

<snip>

> Would you care to formalize some of this a bit, and submit it as a starting
> draft for a new cryonics camp as something we should all or could all be
> supporting and working on and developing...?

I'd be pleased to see another cryonics "camp" as you put it, adopting
a "modernized" approach.  A new organization might have greater
flexibility to adopt a new approach..  At the same time a new
organization could escape whatever legacy of bad publicity currently
"burdens" Alcor and CI. Sort of a "change you can believe in" --
apologies for using this now-tainted slogan, but you get my point --
for cryonics.

> We can't expect Max to do it all,

On the one hand, he's in a position to bring about change, on the
other hand long-term stability and keeping cryonics patients safe is
an overriding priority, so cryonics organizations are understandably
cautious/conservative, particularly in a hostile social environment..

> we've all got to work together, and find out what everyone thinks are
> the best things we should all be working on, and all work together on all
> such.

I agree, but from what I've seen, cryonics people though good folks,
and smart, are even more fractious than your run-of-the-mill humanity.
 Frustrating, that.

Regarding the HMO idea, you don't really have to provide the hospitals
and doctors -- that could be sub-ed out.  You could simply sell the
medical insurance, but when you sub out the medical care, they have to
be medical staff trained and willing to perform the suspensions.
Patients would then be transferred to long-term patient care (ie
cryonic storage) facilities.

Best, Jeff Davis

             "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                                                     Ray Charles