[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 26 04:55:59 UTC 2010

>... On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty

>Are we just not clever enough to understand the "noise" around us?...

If an alien civilization were sending signals they intended for us to
interpret, it would be easy to interpret.  If they intend for us to not
interpret, it would be impossible to interpret.  If we are just missing a
possibly-decodable signal, then they don't care if we interpret or not.  The
third case would be analogous to our leaked radio and TV signals.