[ExI] cure for global warming

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 22:04:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Eugen Leitl  wrote:
<snip>
> I see lots of PV panels on farmer barns around here. Not exactly
> huge capital costs, and the kWh prices are a factor of about 2
> removed from residential electricity prices. It looks like thin-film
> PV will become the cheapest electrical energy option for end consumers
> in less than a decade.

Plus 'Passive house' and 'Zero energy house' designs.
<http://www.passivehouse.us/passiveHouse/PassiveHouseInfo.html>
Quote:
A Passive House is a very well-insulated, virtually air-tight building
that is primarily heated by passive solar gain and by internal gains
from people, electrical equipment, etc. Energy losses are minimized.
Any remaining heat demand is provided by an extremely small source.

Over the last 10 years more than 15,000 buildings in Europe - from
single and multifamily residences, to schools, factories and office
buildings - have been designed and built or remodeled to the passive
house standard.