[ExI] Max More - New CEO Alcor Life Extension Foundation

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 11:57:36 UTC 2010

On 27 December 2010 00:04, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Ends the Species: Enables Transhumanism
> Again, no.  Regenerative medicine might enable it, but A might
> cause B might cause C is a tenuous chain.  (A = cryo, B = reg.
> med., C = transhumanism)

In fact, I do not think that cryo can or even should go "mainstream"
as in "generally applicable by default to the entire population as an
end-of-life and/or turistic procedure unless one opts out" nor that it
necessary involves transhumanism (which is in fact a pity).

But certainly is for so many reasons practically and philosophically
linked to possible posthuman changes that it is easy to understand why
it always raised such a keen interest in the H+ circles.

In other terms, the real issues with cryo are IMHO i) research
funding, ii) prohibitionist legal and cultural frameworks. I think I
would be happy to see it become as banal as, say, cosmetic surgery or
incineration.

--
Stefano Vaj