[ExI] simulation as an improvement over reality.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 31 17:59:59 UTC 2010

 Ben Zaiboc wrote:

> This makes no sense.  We're talking about a copy of *everything that makes you you*.  By definition, this must include whatever it is that is the 'you-ness' of you!  Therefore, a copy of you *is a you*, exactly as a copy of Beethoven's 5th is Beethoven's 5th.  The copy will be experiencing being you. How could it possibly be otherwise?

I too would love to respond to Avantguardian's Email by asking him how something can be absolutely positively 100% identical and radically different at exactly the same time, but unfortunately I cannot do so, as I mentioned before I have no originals of Mr. Avantguardian's posts to work with; so I must remain mute.

 John K Clark