[ExI] meaning & symbols

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:04:36 UTC 2010

On 2/3/10, Gordon Swobe wrote:
>  Yes, but when I look inside your head I see nothing even remotely
> resembling a digital computer. Instead I see a marvelous product
> of biological evolution.

Yes, You have told us all at great length that you very strongly
believe that only human brains (and other things which must be almost
identical to human brains) can do the magic human 'consciousness'
thing. That's fine, you are allowed to believe anything you like, but
it is only a belief that you cannot 'prove' is correct.
And much reasoning has been produced to show that it is probably a
mistaken belief.

We shall just have to wait until weak AI computers develop, (probably
using new designs and different programming techniques) into machines
that apparently have strong AI, are more intelligent than humans and
have a type of 'consciousness'.

When these machines are out exploring the universe and reporting back
to the remaining humans trapped on earth who are being looked after by
similar intelligent machines, I fully expect you to say 'But they're
not "really* conscious'.

BillK