[ExI] The simplest possible conscious system

Spencer Campbell lacertilian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 21:33:20 UTC 2010

Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> No, this was not my point. What I meant is "if  conscious does not
> mean to be entrusted  with a soul/operated by an organic brain/being
> bipedal".

I was thinking you meant "having thoughts, feelings, opinions, sensory
experiences, and every other feature common to the information
processing of all adult, healthy, alert, educated human beings". That
seemed extremely excessive to me, as a description for the minimum
prerequisites of consciousness, and thus the strong reaction.

This second definition of yours is deductive, not inductive, so it
doesn't tell me much: only what you think consciousness isn't, not
what it is.