[ExI] Joy in the transcendence of the species

Aware aware at awareresearch.com
Mon Feb 8 16:10:11 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:
> I just remembered a term that is close (but not quite) what I'm looking for:
> "extrosattva", which is a play on "boddisattva". See:
> http://www.gregburch.net/writing/Extrosattva.htm

It's close, but crosses the line into the mythical.

[Re-reading Greg's essay triggered strong nostalgia for those heady
days of Extropian discussion past.]

I'll contribute for brainstorming that (Hofstadter's)
"super-rationality" encompasses much of the concept:  acting on the
basis of identification with a future context of meaning and value
greater than one's present context.  ==> superrationalist

- Jef