[ExI] If anyone wants to Respond to the IEET piece re "Promblems of Transhumanism"

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Feb 8 16:49:30 UTC 2010

On 2/8/2010 10:21 AM, Natasha Vita-More wrote:

> My issue with it, however, is that it seems to be black or white and
> misrepreents Max.

That would be this, I assume:

<A third of the respondents were unwilling to affirm the superiority of
liberal democracy among existing political systems. Transhumanist Max
More, for instance, looks toward a post-democratic minarchy:

     Democratic arrangements have no intrinsic value; they have value
only to the extent that they enable us to achieve shared goals while
protecting our freedom. Surely, as we strive to transcend the biological
limitations of human nature, we can also improve upon monkey politics?
(More, 2004) >

In what way does this misrepresent Max? By snipping the larger conext of
his comment, presumably, but did he say and mean that?

Damien Broderick