[ExI] The Napoleon problem

JOSHUA JOB nanite1018 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 02:01:36 UTC 2010

On Feb 10, 2010, at 8:52 PM, Spencer Campbell wrote:
> Was this man Napoleon?
That was underwhelming, haha. Of course not. You have huge amounts of evidence to show he was born, him growing up, etc., and so obviously he is not actually Napoleon. He is also explicitly said not to speak French, nor look like him. Even if he had read everything Napoleon had ever written, ever word written about him, there would still be information he did not know (since obviously, every single experience he had ever had was not written down, and even if it was, there would necessarily be detail missing). So he doesn't even have all the knowledge Napoleon had.

So while he might have believed whatever he liked, he certainly was not the man Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of France. He was not born at the same time, nor had all the memories and experiences of the man. An expert on him, certainly. But not the man himself.

I don't mean to sound, well, mean, but this strikes me as not a problem at all. Am I missing something?

Joshua Job
nanite1018 at gmail.com