[ExI] Very long lifespans and accompanying mental milieus

ablainey at aol.com ablainey at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 23:33:53 UTC 2010

 Odd I was mulling this very issue over this afternoon while thinking about going to the dentist. I was wondering how I would cope with being imortal if the rigours of age still catch up with you.
Not the grey hair, wrinkled skin and other signs of a long life. More the niggles like tooth ache from a dogy crown. Back ache from that slipped disc. Arthritis, migraines, bad eye sight and all
the other things that detract from lifes quality.
Alzhiemers and other degenerative diseases would have been unheard of a couple fo hundred years ago. No one ever lived long enough to develope them.
It makes me wonder what new ailments we will discover? Perhaps the equivelent of a mid life crisis every 50 years due to bicentenial cell regeneration? who knows.