[ExI] Very long lifespans and accompanying mental milieus

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 00:39:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> But a risk averse society .....  Everyone driving golf carts
> surrounded by air bags, no dangerous sports, health and safety
> regulations everywhere, no motorcycles, etc, I'm sure you can think of
> more possibilities.

Driving?  what kind of reckless madman are you?  there are so many
mechanical failures that could give rise to your untimely death.
Better to move into a comfortably controlled cell at the Life Facility
to ensure your biological computing substrate is ideally maintained
while you flit safely about the many virtual worlds of experience
coming soon(tm).