[ExI] Phil Jones acknowledging that climate science isn'tsettled

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:10:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Christopher Luebcke <cluebcke at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >> The peer-reviewed science (which, as has been clear for some time, is
> not always a guarantee of accuracy), does not all agree. So that doesn't
> settle the issue.
> >
> > No, but almost all of it supports the positions that the Earth has been
> warming over the last century, that the warming has primarily been caused by
> mankind's introduction of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere, and that
> this warming trend will continue, with projected results over the next 100
> years ranging, roughly, from pretty bad to catastrophic in terms of human
> suffering.
>
> ### Did you ever read any of this peer-reviewed literature?
>
> Most likely not, since if you did (as I did), you wouldn't have
> written the paragraph. In fact, only a minority of peer-reviewed
> literature actively endorses the statements you made,
>
> Give me a reference to a peer-reviewed primary research paper showing
> manmade global warming and I'll give you two disagreeing with it.

Mmm.... each chapter of the IPCC report has dozens of references. Can you
really find two times that amount?

> and most of this
> has been produced by environmental activists who infiltrated CRU,
> GISS, and NOAA.

And they managed to convince the uK Royal Society, many national academies
of science, and even the American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
"infiltration" doesn't begin to describe it.

Alfio