[ExI] I have an elementary proof by contradiction of Fermat's last theorem for n=3. What do I do?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 21:06:27 UTC 2010

Hey ExI, today I was working on some Fermat, and, miraculously, I seemed to
have channeled the dead man himself for a proof by contradiction of his Last
Theorem for n=3, and, what's more, I think, given the nature of the proof,
that I may be able to extend it for all n. Naturally, I flipped out and
LaTeXed it up into a neat little document.  My question is:  being seventeen
years old and with no real connections to the world of higher academia, and
if this is right, how do I go about showing people who can do something
about it?

Another question:  should I post it to ExI?  I trust the list, but there are
probably many lurkers who merely receive the emails, any of them a potential
proof-thief.  In addition, the margins here are too narrow to contain it.
 Heh.  But really, if any of you are interested/proficient in math and are
not bastard thieves, I would be happy to email it to you for checking.

But yes...what now?