[ExI] How not to make a thought experiment

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 04:47:57 UTC 2010

2010/2/19 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> Since my last post Gordon Swobe has posted 9 times.

why do you even count?

> And Swobe may be interested to know that his brain is in fact the product of
> last years mashed potatoes and gravy, it's just a question of rearranging
> the atoms in a programable way. DNA does exactly that.

O.M.G. - so what you're saying is that it's not the mashed potatoes
and gravy that has the consciousness, but that the thing that does
have consciousness is powered by mashed potatoes and gravy.  If we can
find a way to scale that up, it could replace data centers all over
the country.  We could just shovel potatoes and gravy into the hopper
at the top and get useful computation out.  That's fantastic.  I
nominate JKC for some kind of prize.  :)

> Wow, now I see the error of my ways! It's a pity Swobe didn't say that two
> months and several hundred posts ago, think of the time we could have saved.
> Oh wait he did.
(repeat 4x)

Now you're just being mean.  Oh wait, that's how you roll - carry on...