[ExI] Phil Jones acknowledging that climate science isn'tsettled

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 01:00:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Christopher Luebcke
<cluebcke at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> The core group of about 50 climate activists (The Team, as they
>> refer to themselves), are wicked. They intentionally forged and
>> misrepresented data to advance a preconceived position.
>
> I wonder if you could cite some examples of this intentional forgery?

### Probably the most egregious ones are the use of a subset of
treering data from the Yamal series that resulted in a spurious
lowering of temperatures in the middle ages, the use of inverted
graphs of sedimentation in Finnish lakes (both related to calibration
of proxies for global temperatures before the instrumental age), and
grafting of instrumental data on the proxy graph after 1960, done by
the CRU team and by Michael Mann. More recently there appears to be a
highly selective use of existing thermometer records to exclude or
adjust upwards the rural thermometers which hides the urban heat
island effects, and the use of a single thermometer located at an
airport to stand for the whole continent of Antarctica (these are more
the domain of GISS and NOAA).

Rafal