[ExI] How to Replace Uninjured Parts of the Brain

Spencer Campbell lacertilian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 03:30:53 UTC 2010

Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>:
> meteor girl <girl.meteor at gmail.com>:
>> How can we do this?
>
> We can't, but a century ago we couldn't replace knee joints either.

This is a hypothetical question, then. In that case the sky's the
limit (so, somewhere around 100 km).

Replace with what? More brain? A little pointless if there isn't any
injury involved, but we'll probably be able to grow substitute
cortices in the lab somewhere along the line.

Higher-efficiency components would be more interesting. At that point,
though, the question becomes: what would work better than what we
have, yet still be compatible enough for parallel implantation?