[ExI] Great Mambo Chicken

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Feb 24 23:14:55 UTC 2010

On 2/24/2010 4:14 PM, spike wrote:

>> ...On Behalf Of Tom Nowell

>> I recently re-read "Great Mambo Chicken and the Transhuman
>> Condition" (lousy title, it never did explain the importance
>> of Mambo Chicken to transhumanism)...

> The weird title was to sell the book.  Hey, it worked on me.  Before I saw
> that in about 1989, I had never heard of transhumanism, but I looked it over
> in the bookstore and bought the book

A great, weird, grabby title! I found it in the local library and wolfed
it down with delight. I suspect it was my first introduction to
transhumanism as such, and it was certainly a big influence on my
writing THE SPIKE a few years later. Regis's later books never really
had the same pizazz. (Although I admit I haven't read his Einstein,
Gödel & Co.: Genialität und Exzentrid-die Princeton-Geschichte.)

Damien Broderick