[ExI] Is the brain a digital computer?

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 00:19:37 UTC 2010

Gordon Swobe <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 2/26/10, Christopher Luebcke <cluebcke at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Surely you're not claiming that thoughts are brain
> matter?
>
> I do claim that conscious thoughts arise as high-level
> features of brain
> matter, yes. The idea seems odd only because we don't yet
> understand
> the mechanism.

Ahem.

Beer cans & toilet paper. Pot. Kettle. Black.

You can't claim that someone else's odd idea with a not-yet-understood mechanism is absurd-therefore-wrong, while maintaining that your own odd idea with a not-yet-understood mechanism is perfectly reasonable.  This is generally known as 'inconsistent', and earns no brownie points whatever.

Ben Zaiboc