[ExI] Is the brain a digital computer?

Gordon Swobe gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 13:45:23 UTC 2010

--- On Fri, 2/26/10, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:

> The task is to replace all the components of a neuron with
> artificial components so that the neuron behaves just the same.

No, this sentence above of yours counts as a sample of false assumption #2.

AI researchers in the real world seek to replace all the components of a brain with artificial components such that the complete product passes the Turing test. Period.

It does not matter to them or to me, nor should it matter to you, whether the finished artificial neuron or the finished AI behaves "just the same" as it would have behaved had it not been replaced. Nobody can know the answer to that question.

-gts