[ExI] Some new angle about AI.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 3 07:03:02 UTC 2010

On Jan 1, 2010,  Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

> organic brains do better than computers at the highest level of
> mathematical creativity.

Creativity is a moving target, as soon as a computer can do something pundits tell us that the thing in question wasn't really creative after all.

> it is this rather than the ability to have feelings, produce art etc. that Roger Penrose used in
> his case against AI.

The thing I don't understand is that if the human brain makes use of quantum mechanical principles to work its magic why can't we factor numbers better than computers?

 John K Clark