[ExI] EPOC EEG headset

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jan 23 02:17:14 UTC 2010

	...On Behalf Of ablainey at aol.com
	Subject: Re: [ExI] EPOC EEG headset

		>...I was looking at it from a rehab and occuptional therapy
point of view fro use by the disabled...

So often we see these kinds of enhancements as applications for the
disabled.  But that market isn't all that large, and the average amount of
money available per capita in the disabled community may be lower than in
the general population.

On the other hand, consider the socially disabled community, which would
include those who are too busy for romance, or the obsessive compulsives,
those whose minds work in a delightfully different way, the ugly, the 3
sigma fat or skinny, the psychopaths, leprosy victims, the MENSAs, the list
goes on and on.  The socially challenged community is waaaay bigger than the
disabled, and the amount of disposable cash per capita might actually be
larger on average than the normal community.  We need to harness the EPOC
EEG technology to make better sex machines.

In the mean time, I thought of a simpler version: a video game or Second
Life-like sim that is specifically designed to be titillating.  We could use
feedback from the EPOC to adjust what it sends one's way.  Actually the EPOC
mind reading thing might be overkill for that application, since simpler
instrumentation elsewhere might be more easily arranged.  I could even
design such instrumentation methinks.