[ExI] Psi and gullibility.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 27 18:37:27 UTC 2010

On 1/27/2010 12:20 PM, John Clark wrote:

> You are implying that the reason the Scientific Method can't confirm the
> existence of psi is the recent rise in republican bible thumpers.

John, you really don't seem capable of following along from one sentence
to the next when your buttons are being pushed. What I said is that one
reason the Star Gate program was shut down was that some military and
congressional decision makers are infected by lunatic fundamentalist
memes. This is not a matter of "implying"--it's testimony from those who
were there.

The "Scientific Method" doesn't play a large role in such decisions. If
this discussion were about why nuclear power isn't used more widely in
the US, or evolution or safe sex taught properly in all schools, or
fluoride added to drinking water, or loads of money spent on
negligible-senescence research, you can bet your ass the John Clarks
would be in there howling about the ruinous influence of "people of
faith" on political decision-makers (and they'd be right).

Damien Broderick