[ExI] Sigh (was: never say never)

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:02:07 UTC 2010

2010/7/1 Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net>

> Of course, in that case, unless and until it can reliably be made use of,
> it's
> practically the same as if it did not exist for most intents and purposes.

If psi is real, that's significant, whether or not there are immediate
practical applications, because it indicates that our understanding of how
things work is incomplete.

Electricity, nuclear fission/fusion, the laser, ..., could all have been
dismissed similarly back before they were understood and exploited. Luckily,
some researchers stayed open-minded, and huge breakthroughs with major
practical uses resulted.

-Dave