[ExI] Libertarian-spotting field guide

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 03:29:49 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM, David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com> wrote:
> Eric Messick wrote:
>
>> I think people tend to ignore this position because anyone with
>> entrenched power will find the position threatening, and work to
>> minimize it.
>
> It seems to me that this is parallel to assassination. Assassination is
> widely denigrated as ineffective, cowardly, and beyond the pale.
>
> A casual dispassionate look suggests it's far more cost-effective than
> open warfare, and far more humane (as measured in death or suffering
> per military objective achieved).

### Let's see: a world where assassination is easy, let's say each
human can inflict a death wish on the mean people. You don't like the
dictator? Off explodes his head. You think your boss is an asshole?
Massive internal hemorrhage solves the problem. Your GF is a slut?

You notice the problem with your cost-benefit analysis?

Rafal