[ExI] global warming discussion 40 yrs ago

Gregory Jones spike66 at att.net
Sun Jul 4 19:32:53 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 7/4/10, Bill Hibbard <test at ssec.wisc.edu> wrote:\

Here's something fun from 52 years ago:

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lgzz-L7GFg

Those Bell Labs programs were fun for kids
in the 1950s. Here's another from 1956:

   http://www.archive.org/details/our_mr_sun

Bill

COOL Bill, where the hail did you find this stuff?  I remember them from my misspent childhood!  Whenever the elementary school teacher didn't prepare or didn't feel like teaching that day, we would get to watch this clueless old guy asking questions of the smart older guy, and they would make these kinds of presentations, on that old reel to reel film using projectors that rattled so loud it was hard to hear the dialog.

The real miracle is what has happened to them in 40 years.  Now they have become the smart guy and the clueless young guy.

Thanks for the memories.

{8^]