[ExI] mind body dualism.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 22:26:52 UTC 2010

2010/7/5 John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
> But of course that is only at the deepest level and up to now that fact has
> had no practical consequences, but you can bet your soul that it's only a
> matter of time until it does.

Careful if you bet your soul - psi influence could affect probability
such that you may lose it.  Though I guess if you believe there is no
such thing as a soul, then betting against it is simply taking
advantage of the poor fool who accepts the bet, eh?

If you believe in no soul and no psi, then I guess you enter that
wager with an expected outcome of no loss or monetary gain that is as
completely fair as honest statistics.  Ok, so honest statistics may be
a farce too...

I wonder if there were more people with absolute certainty in the no
soul/no psi camp, could an exploit be created to take advantage of
that groups belief in pure maths?

I consider this much like the "Macs don't get viruses" mantra touted
at PC users for 20+ years.  The fact was until recently there was
little incentive to design exploits around such a small community of
users.  Today, iPhones and iPads are potentially huge targets.  I
imagine completely rational atheist mathematicians are too few in
number to warrant engineering an attack meme.  (it'd be a lot of work
for a small payoff)   If sense were to prevail, however, we'd see more
419-style scams targeting this group.  Obviously they'd have to be
much more clever.  :)