[ExI] Fwd: [Exl] Psi and EP

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 13:50:13 UTC 2010

2010/7/4  <udend05 at aol.com>:
> Picking up on Keith's point about psi phenomena and evolutionary psychology
> - are there other instances of behaviours/traits/abilities developed
> throughout our history that are as shadowy as so-called paranormal
> phenomena?

"Weak" psi, i.e., that which does not necessarily involve
faster-than-light signalling or other esoteric stuff, may well be
described as including all adaptative behaviours the reasons or
purposes or value thereof are not immediately evident to those
adopting them. See under "acting on hunches", for instance.

All that is not very shadowy, and is in everyday experience that some
are better than others, e.g., in immediate, unconscious extrapolation
of insufficient data in view of the best possible real-time reaction.

As can be expected, such ability is certainly subject to Darwinian
pressures, and this probably explains our not-so-bad performance in
this respect in comparison with other computing devices which have
been developed with other tasks in mind.

--
Stefano Vaj