[ExI] SBSP

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 9 16:45:10 UTC 2010

Actually, check
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/elecprih.html

Current US price for electricity is around 11 cents/kWh.
Granted, that's including taxes et al - but it's not
much better (and often worse) elsewhere, where that
isn't included.

If you could accept 10 cents/kWh - merely competitive
with today's prices (and better than rising prices - an
insulator against current trends, which may be enough
for a 10 year payback), that's an additional $6400/kW,
or almost $1300/kg given your numbers.  $1400/kg to GEO
is still a bit of an improvement on today's numbers,
but not quite as far as $100/kg.