[ExI] Could Thorium solve our energy problem?

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 11 05:57:51 UTC 2010

On Jul 10, 2010, at 6:42 PM, Thirdeye Of Eris wrote:

> What about H3? it's easily available all over the surface of the moon....

You must be using the phrase "easily available" in a way that I have not previously been aware.

But it would be great because a H3 reaction produces energy but no neutrons, the same is true for a Boron-Hydrogen fusion reaction and you can pick up those ingredients at your local supermarket. Unfortunately both reactions need even higher temperatures than the standard deuterium-tritium reaction and we haven't even got that to work, except of course for in the H Bomb.

  John K Clark