[ExI] medical marijuana

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jul 15 22:33:30 UTC 2010

<http://us.mc815.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=spike66@att.net> > wrote:
>> Sure isn't.  I would counterpropose that we pay the
>> price another way.  We
>> make most medications over-the-counter accessible, without
>> a doctor's help
>> if the prole chooses to go that route...

### Users do not have to read the manual - they can call the IT
department, and the smart ones do it before they spend money or monkey
around the BIOS. Same applies to drug users. No need to have a
Department of Safe Software, making sure nobody gets to use programs
except ones verified by indifferent programmers hired on governement
money to check things they don't care about, like the FDA...Rafal

Thanks Rafal.  The opinion of an actual doctor is worth more than others.  I
like your approach.

I had a friend who lived along the Kern River, adjacent to an Indian
Reservation (Indian with a feather not a dot).  The tribe had a medicine
man, but he didn't do anything with the traditional remedies, the local
plants or incantations and such.  He had formal training in pharmacology, so
(had he maintained a license) he would be a titled a pharmacist.  He used
all standard drugstore medications as far as I could tell.  He couldn't help
you if you had some oddball condition, but he was really good at helping his
tribe in all the stuff that he saw nearly every day.  His patients tended to
have the classic problems: alcoholism, flab and diabetes, the ones that are
eating up the rest of the US population at an ever greater rate.

Interesting aside: medics are debating genetic based medicine, where they
take into account the genetics of the patient.  I wonder how it would help
if all of the medicine man's patients are closely related?  The Kern River
people were all more or less genetically related, having descended from a
very small core group.

Where the Kern River medicine man was really good was knowing when he could
prescribe something he had in his own shop and when he had to recommend the
patient go on down to see the white man's doctor.