[ExI] IP vs. a free society/was Re: medical marijuana

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 16:00:15 UTC 2010

Agreed.

Also, it isn't whether you own it or not. That's the question at issue with IP:
whether it is indeed owned.

Finally, IP as it exists now, isn't just about someone copying what someone else
has done. It's also about preventing others from independently doing the same
things. For instance, you invent some new product and get it patented. Imagine
someone else, with no knowledge of your product, comes up with the same thing --
"same" from the perspective of current law. While that person didn't copy your
work, she will most likely be prevented from selling that product.

Regards,

Dan