[ExI] atheists de-baptize unbelievers

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 17:51:56 UTC 2010

I don't think people who find in your face atheists annoying are really going by
that logic -- no supreme being or sacred text condoning proselytizing others --
because they likely don't understand that point. Rather, I think it's a double
standard. No doubt, they would feel the same way if Deists or Pagans started
proselytizing. And, not that these people are all alike or part of the same
group, but this reminds me of people who aren't against gays but just don't want
them to kiss in public and hold hands, but seem unable to conceive how some
might feel about straight couples doing the same. In other words, they're just
used to one group doing something and not to another doing much the same thing.

(Also, the sacred books of all three Abrahamic faiths have textual support for
killing those of differing views. But it seems, happily, 'scriptural
determinism" isn't in play: most self-identified members of these faiths are not
following those passages.)

Regards,

Dan