[ExI] EP was Sarah Palin

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 01:04:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM,  John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2010, at 7:19 AM, Tom Nowell wrote:
>>
>> Well, if the 19 hijackers had been Irish and had instead been detonating bombs in Britain, we could count on a few US politicians proudly announcing their support
>
> Yes, unfortunately you're right about that and is yet another example of how religion poisons everything.

It is well worth considering why we no longer have much concern about the IRA.

It is directly related to individual decisions by Irish women starting
about 40 years ago.

> On Jul 21, 2010, at 3:00 AM, Damien Sullivan wrote:
>
>> "Islam" isn't committing anything, anywhere, and never has.
>
> Bullshit.
>>
>> Some people who are Muslim are committing atrocities.  So are some
>> people who are Jews, or Christians, or Hindus, or atheist.
>
> Sure atheists have committed atrocities, so have people with mustaches, but unlike Islam they did not commit them because they were atheists or had mustaches. The Islamic people I'm talking about make no secret of why they did those hideous things, they will proudly tell you they were commanded to do so in their holy book and did those murders because of and for Islam. Don't take my word on this, just ask them!

An evolutionary psychology model will tell you differently.  It
doesn't matter what they say because humans rationalize: they have a
"reason" for everything, but the stated reasons are almost never those
which emerge after examining "reasons" in the light of EP and its view
of evolution from the viewpoint of the genes.

> Somebody once said that with or without religion good people will do good things and bad people will do bad things, but for good people to do bad things you need religion, and for that there is none better than Islam.

To the extent that religions have *anything* to do with it, the
Christian religion was the one infesting the dudes who drove the
holders of the Islam religion out of Spain, and turned them back in
the Balkins.  Historical fact.

Though I tend to think of it in terms of cultures rather than
religions.  Arabic and other mid east cultures were genetically
selected in different ways than those of northwest Europe where the
industrial revolution started.  At least that is Gregory Clark's well
researched opinion.

You should also consider that after WW II, the cultures of the mid
east didn't generate the extremes you see today.  Can you answer why?

Keith