[ExI] NYT: The Technocracy Boom

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 00:08:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:42 PM,  <max at maxmore.com> wrote:
>> Since I lack the skills to do much about those priorities (other than to
>> communicate their urgency to others), I will focus on another priority (in
>> some ways surely the real #1 priority): devising ways to get institutions
>> and individuals to make make better decisions.
>
> a daunting task.

Yes, it is, but lately I've been thinking that maybe the way to do
this is with games. The 16-25 year old of today is the CEO of tomorrow
and most young adults play video games.

So, I've been thinking about the possibilities inherent in creating
complex video games in which the route to success is not fast reflexes
but an ability to plan for the future, see through self-serving
agendas and avoid thinking biases that can lead one astray. The hope
is that the skills taught in the games will carry over to real life.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.