[ExI] Religions and violence.

Ben Zaiboc bbenzai at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 16:35:28 UTC 2010

John Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Re: [ExI] Religions and violence.

> On Jul 25, 2010, at 11:39 AM, Keith Henson wrote:
> >

> ... it's a little hard to use
> poverty as an excuse for barbarism from a people living
> directly over most of the world's oil.

I'm wondering what proportion of the population sitting on all that oil actually benefits from it?  A country may be rich while most of its population are poor (which usually speaks volumes about that country's leaders, but that's a different discussion).

Doesn't explain the educated hijackers, though.  It might be instructive to analyse just what background and what kind of education people like this have had.  e.g. early and intensive exposure to Islam, followed by a western-style education, or the reverse, or what.  You never know, a pattern might emerge.

Ben Zaiboc