[ExI] New IP thread

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 05:39:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rafal, you might want to consider if your rhetoric is potentially
> offending people who might have been possibly sympathetic to your
> viewpoint.
>
> In the end, not everyone believes that "efficiency" is the best
> option, and that there are other possible middle and end states that
> are important to consider. So people who disagree with you aren't just
> "IP-deniers" (that sounds like an emotional rhetorical device to me)
> or stupid as you are constantly implying.

### No, definitely not stupid - rather, starting out with some
emotionally held position and coming up with rationalizations for it,
some of which can be quite clever but are eventually corrupted by the
faulty premises. Most IP-not-wanters can think their way through the
issues but they don't want to. You will get much more mileage with me
if you come up with arguments, instead of accusing me of being
offensive.

And by the way, if you are saying that efficient outcomes are inferior
to "other possible middle and end states", you either did not read the
definition of efficiency, or else you truly wantonly want to make some
people potentially much worse off than possible. Do you really want
it?

Rafal