[ExI] The Life Cycle of Software Objects - Ted Chiang's book review by IO9

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:17:09 UTC 2010

Max More wrote:
Chiang's story "Understand" was one of the very best stories I've read
in a long time. It's essential reading for anyone interested in
intellectual augmentation to more than human levels.

This story is INCREDIBLY good and I've read it several times (I
normally only read things once)!  It tells the tale of two men who
become aware of each other as their intellects are raised to godlike
levels due to a very experimental medical treatment.  And as they say
in Highlander, "there can only be one!"

This is his first anthology and it is an absolute must buy!

http://www.amazon.com/Stories-Your-Life-Others-Chiang/dp/0765304198

John  : )