[ExI] NYT: The Technocracy Boom

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 11:59:32 UTC 2010

On 22 July 2010 00:42,  <max at maxmore.com> wrote:
> Since I lack the skills to do much about those priorities (other than to
> communicate their urgency to others)

Ultimately, "evangelism" is *more* important than implementation, and
your personal role is IMHO more crucial than that of people, of
whatever worldview, who may happen to find themselves at the helm of a
laboratory or a space programme.

First, because orienting and changing history is a higher magic than
orienting and changing matter and processes.

Secondly, because the struggle for a posthuman change is a goal per
se, reflecting a value system I am more comfortable with, irrespective
of the ifs, whens and hows of the results that can be actually
achieved (an area where surprises, on both the minus and the plus
sides are certainly to be expected anyway).

The "quest for greatness" is already a form of greatness itself.

--
Stefano Vaj