[ExI] Religions and violence

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Thu Jul 29 20:30:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 13:31 -0400, John Clark wrote:

> She's from Somalia not Iran but if you mean a professor like Ayaan
> Hirsi Ali who must remain in hiding for the rest of her life for

To say that Ayann Hirsi Ali is in hiding might be misleading for some
people.  To some people being "in hiding" might mean "not being seen in
public".  That is not the case with Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

I was in the front row of a sold out event in Palo Alto earlier this
year where Ayann Hirsi Ali was on stage and interviewed for over an
hour.  There were bodyguards but having bodyguards is not the same as
not being seen in public.  So let us all try to be more precise.

According to the information I can find online Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a
Resident Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute; not a professor.
If someone has information that she is currently (or formerly) a
professor please list the particulars and the source of the information.

Fred