[ExI] medical marijuana (Dave Sill)

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 30 17:49:50 UTC 2010

Without wanting to make it sound like I am a stoner, you haven't had the UK university experience without watching at least two or three of your coursemates make dubious cigarettes of rolling tobacco and either some mysterious herb or grinding something off a block of brown resin. It's apparently de rigeur for the hip student. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen someone make something to smoke *without* putting at least some tobacco in.

On a related studenty-drug-paraphernalia note, Max More mentioned that he thought the Shamen's "Phorever People" was transhumanist in tone - actually, it's 1990s neopsychedelia drawing on Leary and McKenna to present the idea that use of psychedelic drugs will lead to a state of enlightened people who will endure throughout eternity, or "Phorever people". (Indeed, they did a track called "Re-evolution" which is Terence McKenna's words spoken over their instrumental backing).

Tom