[ExI] trying to convince a friend that nanotech is not so bad...

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 00:42:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My friend is part of an organization that protests nanotech and other
> controversial technologies by sneaking into conferences, briefly
> shouting protests at the top of their lungs, and then to make a really
> lasting impression, quickly strip off *all* of their clothes, to
> reveal slogans bodypainted onto their flesh! LOL

Now i can understand the concern about breaking the skin-brain barrier
- probably a consideration for the ink they use to write their
anti-nano slogans.  :)

My first response was an emotional reaction to the perceived absurdity
of anti-nanotech thinking.  Now I have the perspective that if the
only problem in the world is nanotechnology, you should consider
yourself lucky that you are so well fed, watered, clothed and employed
that you have the luxury of concerning yourself with the potential
disasters of cutting edge science.  Many humans on this planet lack
essentials for survival, something nanotech may be able to positively
affect.