[ExI] to install

ddraig ddraig at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 06:32:11 UTC 2010

On 3 June 2010 13:19, Anna Taylor <femmechakra at yahoo.ca> wrote:

>  Why shouldn't there be a place that people can go to feel loved?

What if you are gay, or of some wildly different faith? What then? It seems
to me that pretty much all churches are places you can go to feel loved *as
long as you fit into their narrow definition of allowable memesets*

If I want to feel loved, I'll go to rave. Ooooooodles of love, gushing out
all over everyone there.

I don't buy into this concept that you need to believe in some giant
invisible sapce-wizard to lead a moral life. I grew up reading a lot of
greek and roman classics from an early age. I am an extremely moral and
upright person. Annoyingly so, according to most of the people I know. My
parents are *fiercely* anti-religion and the only time I have *ever* been to
a church is for a wedding. Or a funeral.

Sometimes I'll rock up to cathedral to ooh and aaah at the architecture.
It seems to me if you can't teach your children morals and values without
some external (and bullshit-based) structure and support group, you're
failing as a parent. I'd say you should not have had kids at all, but that
tends to get breeders all flippy-outy and punchy-punchy.

Dwayne
--
  ddraig at pobox.com irc.deoxy.org #chat
  ...r.e.t.u.r.n....t.o....t.h.e....s.o.u.r.c.e...