[ExI] to install

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:26:39 UTC 2010

On 6/4/10, Ben Zaiboc wrote:
> OK, perhaps I should say "There's never been a pogrom, crusade or suicide
>  bombing for the cause of atheism."

Well, atheists fight just as much as everybody else and are just as
likely to attack other ethnic groups. Groups attacking other ethnic or
religious groups are a traditional human activity. The atheists have
secular political or national leaders who lead their riots just as
priests or imams lead their religious riots. There is plenty of
evidence that atheism is no protective against psychotic homicide on a
national scale.

The question was asked here:
<http://askville.amazon.com/people-killed-atheism-time-history/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=3621324>
"Have people been killed in the name of atheism at any time in history?"

And the overall conclusion was 'Yes'.

For example: The French Revolution had anti-religious riots.
Quote:
You could argue that the basis given for the Russian killing therefore
was Communism, not atheism, and this would be correct, but I would
argue that a core component of Communism was state atheism, and that
the aspects of it that were directed against religious people were
therefore atheist in their component.  This became a core component of
many communist regimes.  The Khmer Rouge in Cambodia was atheist, and
most notoriously slaughtered everyone, with Buddhist monks at the top
of the list.